Personal Touch in Interior
Bespoke internal doors are the interior-transforming solution for both residential and nonresidential buildings. More recently, the interior doors have not created an aesthetic value. They only acted as boring and same-type room separating interior design items. However, now the designers give particular emphasis on these doors. Luckily, one excellent alternative to the standard doors has appeared. So this alternative is the glass doors.
Thanks to bespoke internal doors, it is possible to create the effect of joined rooms. Besides, space becomes lighter. And therefore, the room can visually expand. Also, the glass interior doors can add a certain flavour to the interior and make it more original and memorable. By the way, the trend of installing such doors, and especially the internal frameless glass doors, is rapidly gaining steam.
So, the glass interior doors are not just functional but are the very beautiful design items, capable to favourably complement any interior. And to preserve the privacy and intimacy, it is just enough to decorate the door with the help of various glass decorating techniques. It is the artistic decoration that often comes to the fore when the customer chooses a certain glass internal door.
On our site, you can find a variety of shapes, designs, and decorating options for the frameless glass inside door systems. And all of them you can order in our studio. Indeed, our bespoke frameless inside doors give a personal touch to any interior.
Main Functions of Glass Interior Door
The main task of bespoke internal doors is the isolation of adjacent rooms. However, their functionality may differ slightly. Besides, the size of the glass door panels, the door design, and the levels of thermal and sound insulation for the bathroom door and bedroom door will be different. At the same time, the glass inside door must also maintain and decorate the overall interior style. Furthermore, in many cases, the decorative function takes the first place. Also, you should note that it is possible to use a few types of the inside glass doors in one interior.
How to Classify Glass Interior Doors
In the same building, you can install several bespoke internal doors which may differ in size, opening mechanism, availability of handles, locks, and other additional accessories. Consequently, it is common practice to classify the glass interior door systems not by functions, but by the opening mechanism. According to this criterion, there are the following types of interior doors with glass:
- Hinged door. It is a traditional door style. It is necessary to use the hinges to fix the door. You can open such a door from either inside or outside. Among all types of glass interior doors, a hinged door is the most hermetically sealed one.
- Traffic door. The structural design of this glass door resembles the hinged door design. But the peculiarity of the door hinges allows you to open a traffic door from both inside and outside.
- Sliding door. The glass sliding door leaves move along the wall with the help of guide rails. This enables you to use the room space most efficiently.
- Circular door. Such a door has the curved shape. The radius of bending may vary. There are hinged and sliding circular doors.
- Bifold door. The door consists of several door leaves, folding like an accordion. It is an effective solution for narrow passages. This glass door design is very popular among the house owners.
- Automatic door. Electric drive opens the door, usually a sliding one, automatically. It is very convenient, especially for elderly people and disabled people.
All these glass interior door types can have both framed and frameless design. Each of these designs has own features. Thus,
- A frameless interior glass door opens the view to the maximum extent. Since there is no outer frame, the glass panel itself acts as a load-bearing structure. In other words, such a door is a heavy-duty thick glass sheet.
- Framed interior glass door has a metal, plastic or wooden frame. Moreover, this frame makes the door assembly visually heavier.
Materials for Glass Interior Doors
Depending on the interior design and functional purpose, we choose the appropriate materials for the bespoke internal doors. Thus, we use different types of glass and door hardware to make our top-notch glass products.
Traditional types of glass are not strong and safe enough if the glass door will be subjected to an average or increased load. To make the glass interior door design more functional and durable, it is necessary to use the following types of glass:
- Toughened glass. After the heat treatment, the ordinary glass molecular structure changes so that the glass becomes much stronger. And when damaged, the tiny glass pieces with non-sharp edges cannot seriously cut the skin.
- Laminated toughened glass. The transparent film between two glass sheets makes the laminated toughened glass panel very durable. Besides, it does not allow the glass fragments to fly apart.
To fix the separate elements of the interior glass doors, it is necessary to use a wide range of materials, such as special glue, clamping profiles, hinges, guide rails, latches, handles, and other door fittings.
Also, to make the glass interior door look much more attractive and elegant, you can choose the decorative toughened glass for your bespoke door. As a result, your frameless glass inside the door will be an expression of your bright individuality.
Our Bespoke Internal Doors
In each particular case, we establish the price for our frameless bespoke internal doors with glass individually. However, we always take into consideration the following factors:
- Door size.
- Door type (hinged, sliding, bi-fold, etc.).
- Manufacturer of fittings and other materials.
- Decorating techniques.
- Design development complexity.
- Use of additional door accessories and fittings.
- The urgency of manufacturing.
- The urgency of installation.
Of course, the prices for luxurious made-to-measure frameless glass inside doors are much higher than for the budget glass interior doors. However, the quality is very high in both cases. The manufacturing schedule may vary. But anyway, turning to the Creative Glass Studio, you can expect the production and installation of the custom frameless glass internal door in as short time as possible. We use only the latest high-tech equipment for manufacturing our contemporary full glass interior doors. Moreover, the professionalism and great experience of our employees allow us to guarantee the superior quality of our toughened glass products. Besides, thanks to the fact that we have been working with the reliable and reputable partners for a long time, the prices for the door fittings and other materials are also at the acceptable level. Appraise the wide opportunities of modern frameless glass door design and order our customised internal doors now!