Bespoke External Doors: Impression of Well-Being
Bespoke external doors, especially frameless glass ones, create the impression of well-being and refinement decorating the facade of any building. New materials and technologies make the frameless glass doors safe and reliable. At the same time, sound and heat insulation of the glass is not worse than the same characteristics of traditional materials. In our glass studio, you can order the production and installation of all types of frameless glass entrance door systems. Indeed, any frameless glass external door always looks very contemporary.
However, the main feature of the glass external doors is their airy and sophisticated appearance. That is possible because the glass can transmit light. Due to this, even the large frameless glass constructions seem delicate and weightless, combining openness and beauty. The glass entrance door systems are very common for the public buildings, commercial centres, hotels, shopping malls, office buildings, banks, cafes, restaurants, etc. However, it does not mean that you cannot decorate the entrance to your house with such a door.
In each particular case, we determine the door size, design, and features individually, taking into account the building specifics, facade decoration, interior features, and of course customer’s wishes.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Entrance Glass Doors
The advantages, as well as disadvantages of each glass door type, vary and depend primarily on the materials used. The bespoke external doors have only one major disadvantage, that is, the high price. However, the advantages of such doors outweigh this disadvantage. So, the list of advantages includes:
- Great aesthetic value. The made to measure frameless external door attracts the attention of a much larger number of people to the building entrance.
- Durability and design simplicity. As a result, proper installation and maintenance guarantee a long service life of the external glass door.
- The diversity of door types. That will help select the optimal glass door assembly.
- Excellent heat and sound insulation. These characteristics ensure the necessary level of comfort for people in the building.
- Correspondence to modern architectural trends. The external glass doors really make the building facade contemporary.
Glass for Bespoke Entrance Doors
When manufacturing the frameless bespoke external doors, it is necessary to use only the most durable materials. This extends the trouble-free service life of the glass front door and ensures safety. Indeed, glass is a reliable and high-strength material which is virtually impossible to change during the use. Its molecular structure is so dense that moisture, different impurities, bacteria, and fungus do not penetrate inside the glass. So, it is easy to remove them from the glass surface. Also, even after repeated cleaning, the glass surface is smooth and clean. Furthermore, it retains its beautiful appearance for decades. At the same time, the glass conforms to all flameproof standards and has good sound and thermal insulation characteristics. But of course, the ordinary glass is not suitable for producing the entrance glass door systems. Instead, it is necessary to use the top-notch toughened glass.
The toughened glass is made by heating and annealing of the ordinary glass. Thus, the toughened glass is highly resistant to different types of impacts. Moreover, if someone still breaks such a material, the fragments with non-sharp edges cannot seriously wound people. By the way, not only the ordinary clear glass but also the frosted glass and the textured glass are subject to toughening. It is possible to obtain the frosted glass by applying the film, sandblasting, or etching the glass surface. The textured glass is quite thick and has a relief pattern on its surface. Besides, in addition to high strength and heat insulation, it has a unique and attractive look. That is why the textured glass is one of the best design solutions during the production of unusual entrance glass doors.
Types of Entrance Glass Doors
It is possible to classify all bespoke external doors by door closer type. Thus, the door closers include hinged, guide rail, and rotary shaft systems. Based on this, there are the following frameless external glass door types:
- Hinged door. The door leaves move with the help of door hinges. Such a door swings one way only. Most often, a hinged door has a mechanical opening system. The installation of door holder or door stop turns the door into the automatic self-closing door.
- Traffic door. The opening system of a traffic door also implies the use of door hinges. The only difference
between the hinged door and the traffic door is that the latter one opens both ways.
- Sliding door. The sliding door leaves do not swing but slide sideways, opening doorway. The usefulness of such a design solution is associated with space saving.
- Telescopic door. By design, this door system is very similar to the sliding door. However, in this case, the door leaves are the vertical glass segments which move along the guide rails in an interconnected way.
- Semi-circular door. The door leaves and guide rails of such a door are curved. This allows the architects to give the frameless glass entrance doors a semi-circular shape.
- Revolving door. The Central shaft is a rotary vertical drive unit of the revolving door. The door wings are attached to it. The number of door wings varies from two to four.
- Entrance vestibule. It is a space between the street door and the inner door leading to the building itself. The entrance vestibule allows improving sound and thermal insulation in the building entrance hall. At the same time, it looks very stylish.
Glass Entrance Door Installation
As a rule, the installers mount a frameless door with glass according to the well-established technology. Thus, the specialists from the Creative Glass Studio perform all the necessary actions as competently and quickly as possible. Since the frameless glass doors do not require a door frame, the door opening must have the perfectly smooth surface and the fully completed finish. The main difficulty in mounting the frameless front glass door is that the slightest flaw will be visible immediately. After the installation, we always check the entrance door functionality.
Our glass studio gives the customers the opportunity to not only order the bespoke external doors but also create a sketch of the custom door. Therefore, the door will meet all the customer’s requirements and wishes. Usually, the frameless front glass doors are more expensive than the framed ones. Anyway, the price for the elite contemporary glass doors is always higher than the price for the standard design doors. However, we will definitely help you find the best solution for you, in both price and design. Thus, you will become the happy owner of the really exclusive frameless glass door assembly.