Advantages of Opaque Glass Door
Every day, thousands of people all over the world get rid of the outdated traditional wooden doors. They replace them with more technically advanced glass counterparts. Therefore, it is not surprising that the glass doors are now at the peak of their popularity. The use of opaque glass as a material for manufacturing the doors and interior partitions is truly justified thanks to its high decorative and performance features. A wide range of design options will allow you to create the illusion of ice kingdom or water world in any room. You just need to release your imagination and spend a little time to select a suitable opaque glass door. Moreover, rest assured that the choice of such an unusual design solution will be one of your wisest decisions which you could ever make regarding your interior design.
So, what are the advantages of opaque glass door? Let’s consider now.
- Assurance of privacy. Etched glass doors are non-transparent ones. It is possible to see someone’s “presence” through such a glass, but it is very difficult, almost impossible, to understand what exactly this person does behind the door.
- A variety of decorative qualities. Many techniques of creating a relief and unusual textures on the glass surface make it possible to style a unique interior only with the help of frameless glass doors.
- Very attractive appearance. The door assembly will perfectly harmonise with the interior design.
- Possibility to effectively use in the interior design of both residential and non-residential premises.
- Ability to freely transmit light, consequently visually expanding the space.
- Creation of the glass layer resistant to temperature changes and moisture. Subsequently, such a glass will not even fade. Besides, the grease stains and finger marks will not form on the glass surface.
How to Get an Opaque Glass
To get an opaque glass, it is necessary to apply a glass frosting technology. This technology is quite a cost-effective and ergonomic way to process glass. Though, there are some niceties and nuances associated with the glass frosting. Thus, the glass frosting implies the decrease in glass transparency due to the use of different solutions and other substances (often sand). As a result, the glass becomes rough and loses smoothness, enabling the realisation of various design ideas. By the way, only one side of the door is matte-finished, while the second one always remains glossy. So, to increase glass door design opportunities, it is possible to apply a few basic, the most widespread frosting methods. They are:
- Glass etching with the use of various acids.
- Sandblasting of the glass surface.
- Chemical glass frosting with the use of special chemical pastes.
When applying these techniques, one can not only frost glass but also decorate it getting different patterns. From an economic point of view, the most beneficial way to make glass opaque is to use pastes and liquids. To the contrary, the most expensive way to get opaque glass for manufacturing doors is sandblasting because it requires the use of special equipment.
Thus, it is necessary to have a sand blasting machine and specialised protective equipment since a huge amount of dust escapes during the work. Regardless of the glass frosting technique, opaque glass obtained as a result is just stunning material for the production of glass doors.
Opaque glass doors are made of impact-resistant toughened glass, the mechanical strength of which is 5-6 times higher compared to a conventional glass.
Opaque Glass Door Design Options from Our Company
For more than two decades of experience in glass manufacturing industry, the Creative Glass Studio has won the trust of customers due to the high quality of its products. Large, loyal client base confirms that our clientele has highly praised our glass products. Production of glass doors is one of the priority segments for our business. Among the wide range of products, we offer both transparent and opaque glass door options. A well-organized process of glass door manufacturing has a multi-stage quality control system.
Many factors have an influence on the prices for our glass doors. To the greatest extent, a number of expenses depend on the choice of materials for the production of a door with glass. Besides, functionality is also equally important for pricing. We produce bespoke glass doors according to the individual customer requirements and guarantee a professional approach to the project implementation. Our experts are ready to carry out glass frosting by your layout. Thus, you will get a glass door design of your dream.